Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pizza Party ~ Birthday Celebration

For my birthday this year we did a casual make your own pizza dinner at my parents house. My mom is an amazing cook/baker and we love having dinner at their house anytime we can. For our pizza night she made us each our own pizza dough ball from scratch and had all the perfect toppings a person could want. We cooked the individual pizzas on the grill - a new favorite way to make a yummy pizza!  I would recommend grilling pizzas to anyone who has not tried a pizza this way before. I know think this is the only way to make a pizza at home and is so easy with little clean up. This is a fabulous way to serve a casual lunch or dinner for a small or big group as well.

{The Menu}
Spinach salad with strawberries, red onion, walnuts, feta topped with a vinaigrette dressing 
Individual grilled pizzas 
Apple crisp with vanilla ice cream (my favorite dessert) 

My finished pizza 

pizza dough from scratch 
making sure our dough is stretched to a 7 inch round. This amazing kitchen gadget is from King Arthur Flour Co. and my mom uses this when making breads 
 Place dough on cookie sheet sprinkled with cornmeal to prevent sticking. Send to the grill for 1 minute and then bring back to top with your choice of toppings 
After they had been grilled for 1 minute we brushed them with olive oil and used a pesto as our sauce base and topped with yummy fresh ingredients 
back to the grill they go for 3 minutes to be finished 

1 comment:

McKenzi said...

If your mom doesn't mind sharing...I'd love her dough recipe! :)