Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Loving a Busy Life

It has been over a month since my last post - wow. Things have been super busy around our house and life has been mile a minute as well. We are in the process of remodeling our house - master bedroom, master bathroom, baby room, main bathroom, living room, new windows throughout house, patio and all new lighting. We are in phase 1 of out 3 phase process right now - it has been so fun selecting all the new materials (tile, carpet, paint, fixtures, and much more) and am loving seeing it all come together. We are spending this Friday shopping for nursery furniture - yay! At 6 months pregnant now - I am getting anxious to get our baby's nursery designed and built.
I am VERY excited for our patio to get done so we can host a summer bbq on the patio next month -  I love outdoor entertaining - my menu is already planned!
A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to take a photography workshop from Me Ra Koh Photography. This 2 day workshop was very inspiring and helped me learn a great deal about my camera, lenses, light metering and I now am able to shoot in manual mode 100% of the time. This Saturday I am doing a fashion shoot for jewelry designer Jessica Alexander  & stylist Rebecca Dashow - vintage fashion is the inspiration - this should be so much fun. 
We are booking our next Mexico trip tomorrow - a two week vacation with our little one and also booking Thanksgiving travel this week. My sister and her husband are commercial fisherman who live in Petersberg, Alaska which is where we will spend our holiday.
So that is what has been going on. More fun images and recipes to come soon! 

love this book by Me Ra Koh - a great resource 

The inspiration for my bbq- image from Pottery Barn 

bathroom inspiration 
 new bathroom lighting from Pottery Barn 

No comments: