Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hosting Our First Christmas Dinner Party Together





Braised Short Ribs, Grilled Asparagus topped with parmesan & Polenta with White Cheddar 








 
Lyla joined us at the very end 

Last Sunday Adam & I hosted our first Christmas dinner party together. It was a fabulous night with some of our favorite couples. My menu was inspired by the Williams Sonoma's Dinner Parties book. I used many of the recipes in the Midwinter Dinner feature and added a few other elements. I did the table decor in an understated holiday look. I used little live christmas trees potted in cute silver containers instead of flowers. I used silver sparkly garland, ornaments and mercury glass candles on the table to add natural light and sparkle! We had each guest bring a wrapped ornament for the ornament exchange - which was so fun!
 We have decided that we LOVE dinner parties and cannot wait to host our next one! 

The Menu 
~Appetizer: Marinated Mushrooms & Homemade Cinnamon Holiday Nuts (made my my mother in law)
: Paired with LaMarca Prosecco - garnished with raspberries :

~ Mandarin Orange, Avocado, Fennel & Olive Salad served over mixed greens (I added this, I thought it needed a little more). Served with a fresh mandarin orange white balsamic & champagne vinegar dressing made from scratch 
: Paired with Starborough  Sauvignon Blanc (my favorite wine right now) :

~Braised Short Ribs 
~Polenta with White Cheddar
~Roasted Asparagus topped with Fresh Parmesan 
 : Paired with Cline Syrah :

~Chocolate Cupcakes topped with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting & Peppermint candies was served with a scoop of peppermint ice cream 


1 comment:

jessica said...

oooh la la! This is delightful!
short ribs are amazing - and I'm sure yours turned out perfect.

I love the idea of an ornament exchange. I'm totally going to copy you on that one for next year!

Happy Holidays, Jordan!