Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Sharper Your Knife, The Less You Cry


After reading about The Sharper Your Knife, The Less You Cry on Alexandra Hedin's blog post a few weeks ago I decided to order it off amazon (the only way to buy books I feel). It is a great story about a 36 year old woman who leaves her corporate job (after her boss eliminated her position) and took her life savings to move to Paris and attend the world famous Le Cordon Bleu cooking school (which I would LOVE to do too). Although I am not that far into the book, I can tell you it is a funny account of her everyday life in the French culinary world.  Working in the restaurant business I find myself laughing along while she tells her daily accounts with the chefs. She also has some tasty sounding recipes - I am most exited to try the Golden Onion and Roasted Tomato Quiche first. The book also has a Menu Guide for Book Clubs in the back. Now all I need is a Book Club and I am set.

1 comment:

Alexandra Hedin said...

Hooray! Glad I could recommend a new book!