Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Heather's Baby Shower

Celebrate Today! 
"It's Almost Thyme" - Potted thyme favors for each guest 

Lisa & Heather, the mom to be!



Beautiful cake made by Sara Bitterling 
The table overlooking American Lake 

Last weekend we celebrated the upcoming arrival of Heather & Danny's baby girl. The shower was held at Tacoma Golf & Country Club. We enjoyed a brunch on the deck overlooking American Lake - it was a beautiful setting. Heather is an outdoor girl who loves the water so this was the perfect spot to celebrate her upcoming bundle of joy! The shower theme was built around the fabric that Heather had selected for the baby's room - the fabric is beautiful and has a bird in the pattern. I LOVE birds right now! Lisa and I - my co-host selected the invites around this theme. I have a few pieces around my house that went along with the theme that we used in the decor as well. The "Celebrate" favors were created around the theme...I found cute small nests at Beau-Coup, filled them with Jordan almonds, dropped them in a clear gift bag and created the tags in my mom's card studio (aka her downstairs). The favors for each guest was an individual pot of thyme with a cute flag that read "It's Almost Thyme" these flags were also created in my mom's card studio. The pots were easy to make and everyone loved them. Heather's favorite flowers are peonies - I bought the flowers from J.Robbins Florist - we used peonies & roses on the tables in clear vases and mercury vintage vases from Calla Lily . Sara made the most amazing cake for the shower - she also used the fabric as inspiration for the cake. It was a fun afternoon with friends that all gathered to celebrate Heather & Danny's upcoming arrival! 

No comments: